My thoughts about... Introvert Boss

by - Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Overthinking checked, phone phobia checked, like to stay at home checked, dificulty at talking with people checked and (wrongly) been perceived as rude sometimes because interacting too hard to make the first step checked. Yep, I'm an introvert so I had to watch this drama because I can nod and say "yes, I know!" and just cry because I can relate to this drama so much. Besides the emotional compatibility, this drama is one of my favorites because it’s very well written and I enjoyed watching it so much.

The plot is about this CEO, Hwan Ki, who is super introvert so he spends most of his time in his office/department by himself. The only contact with other humans are 1) with his family (but mostly only his sister), 2) his secretary who is outside his office and is terrified of him and 3) his friend who is also a director in his company and who is often the one in the public eye while Hwan Ki is on the shadows behind all the great ideas. Energetic Ro Woon arrives to the company to take revenge for her sister suicide three years ago and to understand what really made her do that. An office drama combined with a mystery one.


LIST OF THOUGHTS
  • As I said it has a very well written story. At the beginning, it hooks you with the mystery of what happened 3 years ago and then with how things are going to be fixed.
  • Supporting characters are more than just filling. In some dramas supporting characters are just comic relieves or just time fillers. Here they are more than that, their stories are actually part of the main story. They all have their moment and they grow so much by the end.
  • The main characters are so endearing. He is so sweet, caring for others and trying his best. I admit he is also creepy, lurking in the shadows and pretty much being a stalker but hey, he has good intentions so I guess it’s ok? She is a great complement for him. Helping him getting out of his shell but understanding he needs his space sometimes. I love it when the couple are perfect for each other.
  • I like the message it gives. I’ve often been told that I need to “adapt” and that being an introvert is “wrong”. In this drama though it shows that being an introvert is just how a person is. Yes, he needed to improve but didn’t had to change (I'm taking a minute please, I'm crying). He could actually do great stuff because of his introvert side. He’d see things others wouldn’t notice, he´d think more deeply and he would care so much for others #introvertsrock.



You May Also Like

0 comentarios