My thoughts about... Heartstopper

by - Friday, May 13, 2022

S
o I’ve been meaning to write this review since that first weekend Heartstopper stole our hearts but then the more time passed, the more I questioned if I should do it anymore, because who wants one more person (specifically me) talking about the show everybody is talking about? But then I realized if I want to write it, why not? So, here we go.
 
  • The adaptation. We have seen all, from the bad ones that shouldn't have existed to the meh and also the few actually good ones. Heartstopper? Is.just.perfect. The fact that the author, Alice Oseman is so involved in the project is visible in so many ways (Production companies take notes, please). The series is so faithful to the original story to the detail that it does feel like seeing the comic coming to life and not just that, we even get more of it because a lot of the amazing secondary characters are explored more (only for not poor Isaac but I trust on season 2). They also added elements from the visuals of the comic that not only make it look super cool and cute but also make you feel all those powerful teen emotions.
  • A show about teens, with actual teens. We need more of this. A story that can make us happy and excited. Charlie is turning 15, that age when every single first is like a tsunami of emotions and the story captures that in such a beautiful way. It has the perfect balance of innocent cute love while also portraying the hard reality of bullying and homophobia. Also, the cast was spot on in every aspect. They are close to the character's ages and, their looks and their acting combined, bring the characters to life.
  • The message. This is the kind of show that is long overdue and needed. LGBTTTIQ+ community finally represented the right way in every single aspect. Because everybody should see that they can have healthy relationships. That everybody deserves that kind of love. We need to stop telling the community that all they can have are Bens #WeAllNeedaNickNelson
 
If I imagine myself while watching Heartstopper it would be me surrounded by cute animations just like in the show because I fell in love with it. It made me smile like a loon and be at the edge of my seat and it was all I could think about while I wasn’t watching it. That’s why finishing it felt like waking up from a good dream, with a bittersweet sensation because it made me so happy and now I just wish I could go back to it and have some more. And maybe that's why I decided to write this after all.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios