My thoughts about... Put your head on my shoulder

by - Thursday, November 04, 2021

G
u Wei Yi is a brilliant and serious physics student who has figured out his plans. Si Tu Mo is an optimistic girl, and while she is trying to figure out what to do now that she is majoring in accountancy but wants to work in marketing she at least knows one thing, she is inlove with her best friend and one day they'll be together. 
 
I want to share why I loved Put your head on my shoulder so much and if you haven't watched it I recommend you to give it a chance (but here's a tip, always skip the intros in chinese dramas if you don't want spoilers).

LIST OF THOUGHTS
(Beware some Spoilers)
 
  • The drama is set in the last year of university so we see the characters going through job interviews, internships, the thesis process, and graduation. So much happens in those times and I liked that it focused on them. C-dramas align more with the way I lived those times.
  • At the beginning, Si Tu Mo is in love with her best friend, Fu Pei, but he is always giving her for granted. He isn't even a good friend because he is always forgetting about her and breaking his promises. It was nice to see her deciding that she didn't deserve being treated like that and then falling in love with someone that actually made her a priority and cared for her.
  • This time we see the male protagonist, Gu Wei Yi being the one pinning over the girl first. It was especially funny to see this super smart guy and his laboratory partners being completely clueless on how to approach her. He doesn't know how to express his feelings but he's always trying. It somehow made it sweeter. Also, the way he was always lovingly looking at her melted my cold heart.
  • Oh, the cliché of the protagonists having to live in the same house. Is meant to force the characters to be together so they can know each other better, and eventually, fall for each other despite their differences. And though I have seen it quite a few times before I have to say this is one of the best I've seen (hurray!). You see, is so well done because it creates a lot of special moments and details between them so I enjoyed it.
I was looking for a chinese drama that was cute, innocent and adorable and Put your head on my shoulder was in the highly rated ones so I went for it. In the first minutes I had already a feeling it was right for me, I don't know how to explain it but there was just something about seeing the protagonist, Si Tu Mo happily twirling in her beautiful skirt that made me empathize with her. She gave me the vibe of being a dreamer (like me) and a happy soul (like I wish I could be) and the more I watched it, the happier it made me watching it.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios