My character rating list in... Free Rein

by - Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Horses, beautiful valleys in England and teens, this show was totally screaming out loud my name. Is one of those shows that make me feel calmer and forget about the stress of life because horses! On each season the stories were so interesting and great that I fell inlove with the show so yes, I was absolutely devastated when I came to the last episode and found out there will be no more seasons (thank God there were the special seasonal episodes to ease my pain but I'm still crying). My favorite part of the series was its characters so here's my rating list of them (although not all of them are here, sorry hot Marcus). 

(Beware some Spoilers)
 
Unfortunately, even when Zoe is the protagonist of the show, she is the character I ended up liking the least. At first she is great, she is super passionate and brave and has a special connection with Raven, the untamed horse. She is the kind of protagonist you expect in this era. But as the seasons go her confidence becomes too much when she assumes she is always right. Even when she constantly has experiences that show her that she jumps (no pun intended) to wrong conclusions she never learns from them. Unlike the rest of the characters, there's no a grow in her, on the contrary in season three I hated how awful she was, especially to Gaby, and how being a heroine had come way over to her head.
 

Gaby is a complicated character (my favorite kind of characters). At first we see her as a villain but we get to know why she acts like that. The girl has had to take care of herself because no one else had after her parents died. She literally has nothing else but her talent of riding, so when the pride on that looks threatened by Zoe and the wrong advice from the wrong people whisper to her ear, the worst of her comes out. So even when she wants to be better and to be accepted, she doesn't change so fast.
 
Mia starts as the classical trope of the mean and spoiled girl but she is one of the characters that change the most. In the second season, we see how much she cares for "Bright Fields" and her horse Firefly and then in season three, she admits how her own insecurities and fears make her behave horrible even to the ones she cares about the most and she changes when she shares that vulnerability with others.


I mean, he is the mysterious-looking guy that steals medicine only because he is secretly taking care of injured horses, so of course I gave him my heart as if I was Davy Jones (sorry again hot Marcus) not to mention that the fact that he plays Kaz Brekker too sealed the deal for me. This poor unfortunate soul finds it hard to open himself up to people since his mother abandoned his family. His relationship with Zoe works because she won't give up on him until he comes out of his shell and I loved how they are always there when the other needs the encouragement to keep going. And as if that wasn't enough to love him already, the guy is also a duke!


Becky became my #1 favorite character of the series (I think they should totally consider giving her a spin-off #TeamBecky). Her character grows so much while still being her awesome self. She and her horse Bob might be underestimated at first but they end up often saving the day. She believes in all kinds of fantasy stories but that becomes a strength, especially on that island that is full of secrets and history and horses being stolen. She is the opposite of her BFF Jade, who is more of a scientific girl (who I also love), so they make the perfect team when they put their talents together. I loved seeing her become more confident when she was in charge of the kids of the Breakfast Club. I mean she is the girl that made me laugh with her lemon-green t-shirts, made me cry when Bob almost dies rescuing the horses and made me scream "You go girl!" when she went and kissed the guy she liked.


You May Also Like

0 comentarios