The Baby-Sitters Club. Review and Character guide

by - Tuesday, July 21, 2020

So Abril, what are you doing watching 13 year-olds? you weren't even part of the generation that grew up with the books. Well, excuse me yes I'm a 29 old woman that still loves teen shows and a YA book fan that knows how iconic the books were (see, good things can come up from Twitter). In short, this show is totally my style. And I didn't know how much it is my style but after watching the first episode, it was clear I needed The Babysitters Club in my life.  

As each episode is narrated by one of the girls you get to know them more, their families, and you see their friendship growing. And you can't help falling in love with the series because basically everything that is good in this world is in it. 

All of the girls have challenges to face, they aren't perfect and are 13, that age when changes are pretty much part of your everyday routine, so they go through things in life a lot of us can feel familiar with. Personally, I feel I was more like Mary Anne, a shy introvert, and yes, overprotected too.  I loved seeing her grew in the show, how she finds more of a balance with her dad and how not only she voices herself, but others that can't too.

All the episodes are gold, GOLD people, but for me the episode I found the most really interesting is "Claudia and Mean Janine" when Claudia learns more about her grandma and finds what she really wants to express in her art. Claudia Kishi is the girl I wish I was, she is so cool and confident and I love how she expresses herself in her fashion.

I really wish we get another season, I liked how diverse the main cast is and the way it portrays important themes as transgender rights and equality. Is a series I wish I'd had when I was a 13-year-old but I'm happy I can appreciate it as a 29-year-old.


You May Also Like

0 comentarios