Dancing with... Fangirl

by - Monday, December 09, 2019

There's no better book to read when you are feeling lonely than Fangirl. Reading about Cath Avery makes me feel like I'm in a familiar place (even when where I live the closest you'll get to snow is the fake one from the mall). I also grew up with an epical book series I adored and I am an introvert that prefers staying at her room.

Choosing a favorite scene from Fangirl is too hard since there are so many I love to re-read over and over again, so instead I´ve chosen one that is good to remember in real life. When something crappy happens to you and there are too many emotions you need to let out, one healthy way of doing it is like the Avery's family: you call an Emergency Kanye Party (or just any other artist you want works too).

If Wren were here, she’d call an Emergency Kanye Party. 

First she’d stand on the bed. That was the protocol back home. When things were getting too intense—when Wren found out that Jesse Sandoz was cheating on her, when Cath got fired because her boss at the bookstore didn’t think she smiled enough, when their dad was acting like a zombie and wouldn’t stop... one of them would stand on her bed and pretend to pull an imaginary lever, a giant switch set in the air, and shout, “Emergency Kanye Party!” 


And then it was the other person’s job to run to the computer and start the Emergency Kanye playlist. And then they’d both jump around and dance and shout Kanye West lyrics until they felt better. Sometimes it would take a while.…

You May Also Like

0 comentarios