My thoughts about... Wait, My Youth

by - Monday, April 13, 2020

Yeap this is another drama where the protagonist falls in love for the bad/cold guy but, this one is actually different because she isn't really in love with him but with his best friend, the good guy, and I'm shocked because this is a protagonist who actually sighs for the guy that treats her right.

LIST OF THOUGHTS
(Beware some Spoilers)

  • I like that asian dramas set in high school/university actually show the characters studying hard for their exams and getting worried about their grades. This is what my experience actually was as a teenager, most of my time would revolve around homework and exams because being a student is hard and I was always (very proudly) a nerd.
  • When I first watched a Chinese drama I wasn't sure if the protagonists were in jr. high or high school because of how young and innocent they are (is your fault occidental tv and your 20-year-old actors playing teens). But now I'm an experienced fan that doesn't get fooled by their baby faces so of course, I know they are high school students (after a few scenes).
  • The bad boy, Lan Tian Ye, is the one going for the protagonist's heart but he has it hard against his best friend because Lin Jia Ze is a total sweetheart and #boyfriendgoals. 
  • Tao Ya Ting, the cousin, was such an interesting secondary character. Su Can Can is at first jealous of her because of how perfect she seems. She is the girl that has the looks, the talent in both school and music, and her mom constantly talking about her accomplishments makes it worse. But Tao Ya Ting is a lonely girl, that lives with just her dad since her mother left. She is very mature but that just makes more difficult for her to connect with her classmates. 
I love this kind of dramas, they make me feel nostalgic and bring back the happiness of my own memories of growing up. The story feels close because we have all been through those moments, from our first love to the struggle of getting our first job. With the story of friendship and its innocence, Wait, my youth touches your heart and leaves you with a good feeling inside.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios