My thoughts about... She was pretty

by - Tuesday, February 25, 2020


I have to admit I wasn’t sure about this drama, but when the first episode ended I was totally hooked and I ended up watching it super fast. What I loved about it is the question it brings: Beauty is mostly subjective because is different for everyone, but maybe we can all agree with the conclusion this drama makes about when a person is truly beautiful.


The premise was very fresh: A girl who was super pretty in her childhood changes over time, to the point her childhood friend, Ji Sung-Joon can’t recognize her anymore once he sees her again at the age of 30. She is ashamed of both her life and looks so she makes her best friend take her place. But then they meet again at their new jobs in a fashion magazine and since Ji Sung-Joon doesn't know who she really is, he treats her poorly.

LIST OF THOUGHTS
(Beware some Spoilers)
  • Ahh, the innocent first love story. Why do we (and dramas) like it so much? Oh yes, because is not only super sweet but it also makes us feel that these people are fated. Their love is so pure because they have fallen in love twice. This time it has extra sweetness because he was once chubby and grieving and she would defend him and support him.
  • Ji Sung-Joon, why is this guy so rude, like dude, you so don’t deserve a girl like Kim Hye-Jin. WTF happened to you in America? If he was bullied by his looks, why does he keep that pattern with others?
  • This girl is golden, she is genuine good. And her character arc, oh my god is so amazing. Kim Hye-Jin explores what real beauty is and her conclusion of it was very inspiring and it has stayed with me for its depth.
  • The rectangular love works because of its characters. I mean you can’t hate her best friend, Min Ha Ri, because we can see how much she is just craving for love. And the number two, jeez, Choi Siwon I choose you, you are my number 1! (and not only because he is so hot but also because he sees the amazing girl she is). It’s sad because you always know he doesn’t have a chance, but his story at the end was very cool.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios