How H2o Just Add water stayed over the years

by - Saturday, August 17, 2019

H2o Just Add Water tv show started back in 2006 with the adventures of three teenagers that become mermaids with special powers. I enjoyed watching the show, back when I was a teen and totally made an h2o fansite, and now with the spin-off series called Mako Mermaids even when I'm not longer what you'd called the "target" audience, (god I just felt so old someone give me a walking stick). It was my perfect dosis of beaches and summer that I can actually afford (and without the suffocating air, I'm seriously a weak city girl that can't breathe water). Six seasons total, they knew how to keep the show interesting for such a long time and here I have the reasons why (learn from the australians how to make good teen tv):

  • The cast has changed through the years, as the actors grow and go to different projects. For some shows this could have been a problem (one that always bother me) however, they solved it by introducing new characters to expand the story. Not only they always maintained at least the iconic three mermaids but added more characters to the mix that brought new dynamics to the story. I mean, yes you feel sad when a character is gone but you get this new character with a new and interesting story.
  • And speaking of characters, each of them had an interesting personality. In fact, even when they had a lot of characters with "difficult" personalities, they were all different. You weren't to always like them, or agree with them, some of them were even annoying (its writers must like these a lot because the list is long), but they had a backstory and an evolution in the series.
  • The beautiful mermaid's scenes. They put special care to make the mermaids look believable. From the amazing detail in the costumes to the shooting of the actors swimming with them, I appreciated so much to look at mermaids that looked believable.
  • The setting. Mako island, in particular, remained a constant through the series and became a character of its own as it was the main location for the mermaids and where a lot of important events of the seasons happened.
  • They grow the story, making it richer and exploring more of the universe they created. This was what surprised me and was what kept me watching the Mako series. Each season they always tried to bring something fresh to it, usually having a main plot that slowly developed through the episodes and that was the main event for the season finale (although let's be honest the finales weren't actually their forte). 
  • H2o Just Add Water and Mako: Island of Secrets are connected. Together they form a complete story that feels well rounded and let's just say, that that last episode really got me.

MY FAVORITE ONES


You May Also Like

0 comentarios